Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sea Salt Chocolate Pecan Cookies


Do you remember the very first dish you ever made all by yourself? I do! A batch of ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies straight off the back of a package of Toll House cookies. I was so stinking proud of myself, even though they were slightly overdone and completely irregular with just a hint of eggshell. You know, just for added calcium. But, I made them all by myself and, therefore, they were the very best cookies ever. And, after debating a bit about the first dessert I would feature on this blog, it only made sense that the first dessert was the descendant of the very first cookie I ever made from scratch.

After all this time, chocolate chip cookies are still my favorite and, thankfully, my skills have improved. I change the recipe up constantly with different mix-ins, but this is, by far, my most favorite version. Luscious chocolate, just a hint of sea salt, and a nice earthy hint from the pecans. There is just not one single thing wrong with these cookies, except that they don't last around this house to long.

So, here's my method:

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup pecan, chopped
Sea Salt

Preheat your oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment.

In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and set it aside. In your mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars until they're lightened in color and looking fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla until well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then add in the flour, until it just comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips and the pecans and dose out the dough in 2 Tbs balls onto your prepped cookie sheets. Sprinkle just a pinch of sea salt onto each cookie and bake about 10 minutes, until the middle is just nearly set. allow the cookies to chill out on the pan for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment