Thursday, June 13, 2013

Shrimp Scampi Pasta


As a busy mom with multiple kids, I'd  be lying if I said we weren't a busy family. Some nights call for a quick and easy dinner and, though I realize this makes me sound like a snot, shrimp scampi pasta is one of those meals I plan on when I know we'll be running in 10 different directions until it's nearly time to eat. Rich, garlicky, with huge bursts of citrus, a comforting portion of pasta, and the satisfying crunch of panko. It is definitely one of my family's favorite meals and it carries the added bonus of being a super fast meal.

Here is my method:

3/4 pound of linguine
3/4 pound of shimp
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter, unsalted
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
salt and pepper, to taste
2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 tbs flat Italian parsley, minced
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

Cook the pasta according to package directions. While you're boiling your water, heat the olive oil and the butter in a large skillet and saute your garlic for a few minutes, until it's golden brown. Don't burn it!!! That tastes nasty. Once it looks all pretty, toss in the crushed red pepper and the shrimp and cook a few minutes per side, until they're pretty and pink. Add the lemon zest and the lemon juice. Toss in the linguine, parsley, salt and pepper, and the panko and toss until everything is combined well. Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment