Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mexican Chicken


This is a huge family favorite and I make it nearly every week. It's beyond simple, extremely versatile, and pleases every person in this house. So, in other words, this dish is full of win! We use it for all sorts of Mexican dishes, filling for enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos, but also as the base for chicken enchilada soup or white chicken chili. Talk about versatility! And, the added bonus is that we can get 3-4 meals out of one batch, so it's extremely economical.

The best part, though, about making this dish is that I don't have to babysit it while it cooks. Oh no, this beauty of a recipe cooks up in my crock pot. I chuck the ingredients, set it to low and off we go. By the time we make it back in the house, the air smells SO ridiculously divine. I take a quick minute to chuck the cooked chicken in my Kitchen Aide mixer with the paddle attachment and viola, perfectly cooked and shredded chicken for the masses!

This is my method:

4 chicken breasts, frozen
2 cans of tomato and chilis
2-3 Tbs of taco seasoning (about 1 packet, but I make my own and so should you!)
1 lime, juiced

Chuck it all, except the lime, into your crock pot, set it to low and walk away. In 6 hours, you'll have the best chicken EVER! You can shred it with two forks or chuck it in your mixer. Toss in the lime juice and mix to incorporate and use as you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment